BOND STREET THE CITY
CLAPHAM VIA SKYPE
- Anxiety-reduction specialist based in London with offices near Bond Street, Liverpool Street and Clapham South Stations, consultations also available via Skype.
- Request a free, no-obligation call today to find out how you can replace Anxiety with Assertiveness.
- Flexible hours of practice to accommodate your busy schedule.
Do you want to be free from Anxiety or Stress?
Are you looking to permanently and rapidly change how you think, feel or act?
Do particular events, situations or environments cause you to feel Anxiety, Fear or Dread?
Are you constantly in a state of varying Anxiety to some extent?
With Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (Hypno-CBT) you can learn to be free from Anxiety.
I'm Tim Grimwade, I'm a Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist in London and I help all kinds of people with a whole range of issues they have. I love this approach to therapy because it is results-driven, centred around the specific needs of every client, rapid to take positive effect and usually a pleasant process for the client to undertake - people look forward to their therapy sessions!
It is great to witness the incredible change in people as they grow and develop even within a single session. My motto is 'Replace Anxiety with Assertiveness' because this is achievable and measurable, and to watch it liberate my clients is a pleasure.
I specialise in Anxiety reduction but the application of hypnotherapy stretches to all kinds of issues which are also listed within.
My Approach to Hypnotherapy
The basis of my approach to hypnotherapy is that we all have a hidden, undiscovered ability to choose so many of the things that we assume are beyond our control. For instance if we are beset by persistent, troubling thoughts we will assume that we cannot simply choose not to have these thoughts or stop the thought as soon as it arrives, yet, with the use of hypnotherapy and practice, this is quickly achievable.
Likewise, we can learn to opt out of anxiety, phobias, some addictions, bad-habits, seemingly-involuntary actions like blushing or excessive sweating and so much more. Anxiety forms the root and basis for these symptoms. Replace Anxiety with Assertiveness and be liberated! Find out more of my philosophy of Hypnotherapy here.
Is Hypnosis real?
Does a Hypnotist have 'control' over their client? Not at all, in fact the exact opposite - hypnosis is used to enable the subject to have far greater self-control over their own thoughts, feelings and actions.
Is Hypnotherapy effective? For a number of sub-clinical issues, including anxiety, Hypnotherapy is the most effective, and fastest, therapeutic approach.
Can I get 'stuck' in Hypnosis? It is not possible to become 'stuck' in Hypnosis. The Hypnotic process requires the continual involvement of the subject.
You may have a few questions about the practice of Hypnosis itself. The reality is usually quite different from the widespread public perception (ignore the TV and stage shows! They are for entertainment only). The key is that hypnosis gives you more control over you, not less. Find out more here.
Where to find me
If you live or work in or around Central London then you are not far from at least one of my practice locations:
- Bond Street - Nearest stations are Bond St, Oxford Circus, Green Park, Marble Arch Underground Stations
- The City - Nearest stations are Liverpool St Overground and Underground, Moorgate and Bank Underground Stations
- Clapham - Nearest station is Clapham South Underground Station
I also offer sessions via Skype if none of these venues are accessible for you. Find out more about all these options here.
What can Hypnotherapy help with?
I'm an Anxiety Hypnotherapy specialist but I can also help with a range of other issues.
The full list of issues that Hypnotherapy can quickly and effectively improve is vast, but I've broken it down into the following categories, click through to investigate further:
How does it all work from the first contact to the completion of therapy?
It's easy to become a client and start the process of hypnotherapy. Find out more about what that entails here. Or submit the quick request form below:
Other Points of Interest:
Hypnotherapy Thought for the day:
- 24th April 2017: "Why do we tell ourselves we 'must, should or need' when really we just 'want, would like to or would prefer'? In reality we need very little of what we want. If we felt free to admit to what we want all the pressures of necessity are lifted and anxiety evaporates."
- 15th March 2017: "The anticipation of the harsh judgement of us by others is typically the result of our own unforgiving opinion of ourselves. Only when we learn to forgive ourselves for our mistakes, perceived humiliations and mis-steps can we notice that those around us are perceptive to the joys of our company and remember only the good in us. Contrary to popular belief the City of London is a place of warmth and welcoming humanity - can we all truly say we extend ourselves the same courtesy? Overcoming our anxieties starts within and with acceptance of ourselves."
- 3rd March 2017: "Lately I have been putting some thought to a particular subsection of Hypnotherapy for Anxiety - specifically Hypnotherapy for Corporate Anxiety. This subsection can be viewed as separate from workplace stress management because it focuses on both the anxiety stimulus and individual response, both internal and external/strategic. Many of my clients find themselves in unpleasant predicaments at work that are identifiably caused by the current default corporate climate - that of skeleton staffing, resource-stripping and never-ending 'rationalisation' and 'restructuring'. With Hypnotherapy they can learn to live and prosper in this historically difficult environment and overcome their anxiety."
- 1st March 2017: "A buzzword that cropped-up a few years ago and has lasted as a prevalent phenomenon is Status Anxiety. In London it's not hard to find the aggravating factors of status anxiety, whether it be the highly competitive property market, the super-charged career possibilities, the fight for top-quality schooling or the general scramble to get ahead amongst the most ambitious and demanding demographic in the country. Hypnotherapy in London for Status Anxiety can help reshape the priorities in life, introduce mindfulness-based acceptance methods and improve your relationship with those around you and yourself. Free from status anxiety, you can learn to live the life you want based on your own values - all with the help of Hypnotherapy in London."
- 28th Feb 2017: "When stuck in a rut, wrestling against thoughts that limit you remember: when all else fails, we are what we do. While your mind is stuck in a debate about what to do, get busy acting-out the role you want to adopt. Your mind will soon get the idea. Hypnosis can assist with this transition by teaching us to easily adopt new methods of action. Procrastination and damaging routine can be overcome with Hypnotherapy in London."
- 27th Feb 2017: "During my years of practice as a Central London Hypnotherapist I have seen a wide variety of clients that have taught me a great deal about the human condition. Whilst trends and similarities are always to be found with particular issues brought before me, also apparent is the unique individuality of each client. It is within these individualities that we can see the human ability to adapt, grow and prevail against the challenges of life. It is a privilege to be a Hypnotherapist in London to be able to witness these stories of perseverance and positive change to overcome anxiety with Hypnotherapy."
- 26th Feb 2017: "A common use for Hypnotherapy is to help with weight-loss. Hypnosis for weight-loss has a particular advantage over traditional dieting methods in that it seeks to bring about a permanent life change from one way of living to another, as opposed to a short-term fix which, statistical evidence clearly shows, is typically either ineffective or counter-effective in the longer term. Hypnotherapy for weight-loss is a way for the client to transition from the thoughts and behaviours of the over-eating, non-exerciser to those of the healthier, slimmer person. The thoughts, feelings and behaviours lead and the body-change takes care of itself."
- 25th Feb 2017: "Social phobia is an anxiety and can be overcome with Hypnotherapy. The anxiety exists in the damaging speculation about what others think of you, leading to more catastrophic imagined ideas of their low regard or contempt when, in fact, they may barely even have noticed you. Through Hypnotherapy we can learn to care much less about the judgements of others which enables us to perform at a much higher level and in far greater comfort in social situations that would otherwise provoke deep social phobia."
- 24th Feb 2017: "Hypnotherapy is the best therapeutic antidote to anxiety. But from where does anxiety arrive? Anxiety is neither the external factor, nor the internal response but the result of the interaction of these two elements. Eg. a stressful situation plus a fearful, defensive and disproportionate response results in anxiety. Hypnosis and hypnotherapy enables the anxious person to respond differently to the stimulus preventing anxiety from appearing and break the cycle of anxiety."
- 23 Feb 2017: "Identify the problem, design the ideal, understand the self, abandon what is counter-productive, adopt the new model, live the change, reap the rewards. That is Hypnotherapy! Anxiety is what happens when we compliment difficult situations in life with our compliance - hypnosis can teach us do drop this response."
- 22 Feb 2017: "Anxiety can manifest itself in too many ways to count but, in essence, can be seen as the anticipatory fear of things which are not. Humans have evolved to be able to envision ideas in the abstract and anxiety is the by-product of this development. When people urge others to 'Live in the present' they mean engage with that which is tangible, current, available and near. When doing this we cannot concern ourselves with abstract threat. Hypnotherapy can help bring us back, constantly, to our present reality and reject our interaction with the anxieties of our imaginings."
- 21 Feb 2017: "For all its mystique, mystery and sense of the transcendent, Hypnosis is the practice of focused and willing attention on specific ideas or situations. A prosaic enough idea that enables profound personal change at otherwise impossible speed and depth. Hypnosis when used in alliance with Cognitive Behavioural therapy is truly and profoundly transformative in a short time to reduce and often eradicate anxiety."
- 20 Feb 2017: "Instinctively we believe our thoughts, however lacking in logic, reason or credibility. We can improve our life-quality by learning to notice our pop-up thoughts with amused indifference. They are unsolicited bursts of random creative by-product - bizarre, often macabre, but without true resonance or insight. Hypnosis and hypnotherapy can help us to reach this pleasant state and greatly reduce anxiety."